devel - [sympa-developpers] Make sympa_wizard.pl --check more automation friendly?

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Luc Didry <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-developpers] Make sympa_wizard.pl --check more automation friendly?
  • Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2017 16:18:23 +0200

While working on the Yunohost package
(https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/sympa_ynh/)
at the Strasbourg hackaton, I was wondering if it's worth it to hack
sympa_wizard.pl to make it more automation friendly.

Why: Yunohost is a software that allows you to easily manage a server and
install
apps (like wordpress, creating a mail system, nextcloud, etc) with a click
from
a web insterface. The apps' installation can't be interactive, so we hacked
the
wizard to make it not asking anything.

Cons:
- first: it will be deleted in the future (will be replaced by a task,
according
to hackaton's plan)
- second: a little bit of sed and the job is done. It's not a big deal to
automate the wizard --check

Pros:
- if it's integrated upstream, it's better since it's available for everyone
(and with tools like puppet, salt, ansible, automation may be useful)
- installation could be easier if you can pass some arguments on the command
line
- asking for installing DBD::Pg, DBD::SQLite and others DBD:: packages when
you
choose Mysql is quite odd

My plan, if you think hacking wizard would be useful:
- adding an option, only used in combination with --check that will skip the
"Hit enter to continue" (--quiet)
- adding an option, only used in combination with --check that will choose the
db type and skip the question (--db mysql, --db pg, etc)
- avoid to ask for others DBD::XXX installation

What do you think? Should I hack sympa_wizard.pl?
--
Luc
"La route est longue, mais la voie est libre…" https://framasoft.org

Framasoft ne vit que par vos dons (déductibles des impôts). Merci d'avance
pour votre soutien https://soutenir.framasoft.org