devel - [sympa-developpers] SOAP and REST APIs

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Alexander Dutton <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-developpers] SOAP and REST APIs
  • Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 11:40:10 +0000

Hi all,

I'm a developer at the University of Oxford, and have been asked to
investigate adding a REST API to our existing 6.1.17 Sympa service.

I saw in the roadmap that this is planned for version 7.0, but I
couldn't find anything that suggested where this feature was in development.

My current idea is to write a separate REST API that wraps the existing
SOAP API, and which uses |authenticateRemoteAppAndRun. This covers our
subscriber management use-case, but some of our users also want to be
able to manage owners and moderators via an API.

If I were able to extend the SOAP API to support owner/moderator
management, would you be happy to take this upstream?

Would you also be interested in a REST API implementation, and if so,
would you be happy for it to sit on top of the SOAP API, or would you
prefer it to be sit alongside it?

Best regards,

Alex

--
Alexander Dutton
Systems Developer; Identity and Access Management

  • [sympa-developpers] SOAP and REST APIs, Alexander Dutton, 02/12/2016