devel - [sympa-developpers] Planning 7.0

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-developpers] Planning 7.0
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 17:51:39 +0100

Dear all,

After several talks with all of you, I think we reached a little consensus about how and when we will be working on Sympa 7.0.

Here are the basic projects for 7.0 :

  • Soji will be working on email addresses internationalization
  • Marc will be working on porting Sympa to Plack and / or Dancer
  • Guillaume won't be able to produce many code this year, so he will review my own work which will be:
  • Étienne and I will be working on refactoring and interfaces orthogonalization.

I propose we follow these steps:

  1. I integrate changes from 6.2 to the trunk.
  2. I make the most urgent refactoring: messages handling, so that Soji can start working on email addresses - which will be long - on  separate branch
  3. Étienne and I (under the benevolent attention of Guillaume) start on refactoring the rest of the code.
  4. Once the refactoring is over, we can work on the Sympa processes, along with Marc for the Plackup part. The idea is to enable most actions through all web interfaces : mail, web, SOAP, command line and REST.

I think we have a good six months ahead of us without any constraints. That should do to have most of the code working.

Best regards,

David

--
A bug in Sympa? Quick! To the bug tracker!

David Verdin
Études et projets applicatifs

Tél : +33 2 23 23 69 71
Fax : +33 2 23 23 71 21

www.renater.fr
RENATER
263 Avenue du Gal Leclerc
35042 Rennes Cedex

PNG image

  • [sympa-developpers] Planning 7.0, David Verdin, 02/25/2015