devel - [sympa-developpers] Note to self and other: scenario orthogonality

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-developpers] Note to self and other: scenario orthogonality
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 13:44:45 +0200

Just so I don't forget and you notice: for a lot of scenarios, all possible actions (owner, editorkey, etc.) are not always taken into account. For example, in some occasion, you might want to make a message moderated by owners instead of editors. People are twisted this way. Well you can't. the "owner" action is not always implemented. In such a situation, your message will just remain in spools untils cleaned up by Sympa one week later.

We should generalize the scenario evaluation process - probably by some kind of meta configuration - i.e. configuration at the module level (let's say, in a hash) instead of the app level, configuration that the final user can't edit. This configuration should handle, for each moderated end-user action (send, subscribe and so on) what each scenario action (do_it, request_auth and so on) should do. This would be simpler than the long functions we use for now.

This is on my opinion a potential objective for 7.0, whose aim is code clarity.

Best regards,

David
--
A bug in Sympa? Quick! To the bug tracker!

David Verdin
Études et projets applicatifs

Tél : +33 2 23 23 69 71
Fax : +33 2 23 23 71 21

www.renater.fr
RENATER
263 Avenue du Gal Leclerc
35042 Rennes Cedex

PNG image

  • [sympa-developpers] Note to self and other: scenario orthogonality, David Verdin, 09/23/2014