devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] painful warning about INIT block

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] painful warning about INIT block
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 00:18:10 +0900

Hi,

On Wed, 04 Jun 2014 15:22:29 +0200
Guillaume Rousse <address@concealed> wrote:

> The usage of a INIT block in Sympa::Language triggers the following
> warning as soon as this package is imported at runtime (directly ou
> indirectly):
>
> Too late to run INIT block at
> /home/guillaume/work/sympa/trunk/t/../src/lib/Sympa/Language.pm line 56.
>
> Wouldn't running the same code in an import method, as in the following
> patch, be enough to achieve the same result, while fixing the issue ?

Typically, import() method is called during BEGIN phase (if I don't
misunderstand something). I put it on INIT block so that ugry
traceback will not be generated during BEGIN nor CHECK pahse, i.e.
compilation failure.

However, thess warnings are irritating for me, too. Is there any
other solutions?

Regards,

--- Soji

--