devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] virtualwrapper

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] virtualwrapper
  • Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 13:08:49 +0100

Hi guys,

Le 03/12/13 07:12, IKEDA Soji a écrit :
Hi developers,

I found that virtualwrapper is no longer used.  To use it,
alias_manager.pl etc. have to be patched.

Would we deprecate virtualwrapper?
Actually, I don't even know what this script is supposed to do. I never configured anything to use it.
OTOH I usually replace NEWALIASES (--with-newaliases configure
option) with attached shell script.  By this, arbitrary mapping
tools (newaliases, postalias, ...) can be chosen in runtime.

Are there any problems (e.g. in security consideration) by such
solution?
No special security consideration. However, this script contain hard-coded paths which, on some systems, will not be relevant.
What is the added value compared to the sympa.conf solution?

Cheers,

David

Regards,

--- Soji

--
A bug in Sympa? Quick! To the bug tracker!

David Verdin
Études et projets applicatifs

Tél : +33 2 23 23 69 71
Fax : +33 2 23 23 71 21