devel - [sympa-developpers] Update on Sympa refactoring

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-developpers] Update on Sympa refactoring
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 10:21:47 +0200

Hi guys,

Things did go quite smoothly for the code refactoring (moving spools back to filesystem). Around four days were necessary to nearly achieve it; The bad news is that I had a lot of things to do that were not not Sympa coding, so I could really start it last week...
It's almost done now, but the schedule will be tight to have it running on our server before I go on holidays (at the end of this week).
In addition, we did not solve our memory leaks problem yet.

The trouble is: we have to prepare the training session we're running in the beginning of June. This will monopolize all of our time in May.

The main consequence is that it is doubtful that we will be ale to set up a Git repository at the beginning of May, as expected. This mainly because we need to merge the current 6.2 code to the Guillaume's branch at that it will tak time, due to the big divergences between these two branches.

I see no immediate solution. We need to have a properly working 6.2 branch to do the merge, to avoid having several difficult merge to perform, and the merge must be done to create the Git repository.

so I'm sadly asking you for yet more patience before you can freely work with Git.

Best regards,

David

--
A bug in Sympa? Quick! To the bug tracker!

David Verdin
Infrastructure pour les Services Informatiques

Tél : +33 2 23 23 69 71
Fax : +33 2 23 23 71 21

www.renater.fr
RENATER
263 Avenue du Gal Leclerc
35042 Rennes Cedex

PNG image

  • [sympa-developpers] Update on Sympa refactoring, David Verdin, 04/30/2013