devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] [sympa-commits] sympa[8810] branches/sympa-6.2-branch/INSTALL: [bug][Reported by M.

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Guillaume Rousse <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] [sympa-commits] sympa[8810] branches/sympa-6.2-branch/INSTALL: [bug][Reported by M.
  • Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 12:26:43 +0100

Le 07/03/2013 11:57, David Verdin a écrit :
Curse my bad knowledge of autotools, I should have asked you before
changing the code.
Actually, These three commands are those I use, so I just dumbly
supposed that the command was outdated and changed it.

Shall we go back to autoreconf -i ?
I'd prefer, indeed, unless there is a real issue to fix first.

autoreconf is supposed to be a configuration-aware wrapper, running everything needed, but only if really needed. For instance, it just runs 'automake' only if automake is actually used in a project (which is our case). And if libtool was used (which is not our case), it would runs also 'libtoolize'. So it seems a more useful advice to explain to users than they can run autoreconf for sympa, as for any other, autotools-based project.

(By the way, any thoughts about the loooooong mail I sent a few days
ago? :) I wanted to sum up things a little to trigger discussions, maybe
I should have split it...)
As soon as I finish my paper proposal for JRES 2013 :)

--
Guillaume Rousse
INRIA, Direction des systèmes d'information