devel - Re: [sympa-dev] Re: Reminder of your subscription to sympa-dev

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Roy Bixler <address@concealed>
  • To: Charles Paul <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] Re: Reminder of your subscription to sympa-dev
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 06:47:48 -0600

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 06:15:13AM -0600, Charles Paul wrote:
> Forwarding this email from sympa-users to sympa-dev. Roy, you may
> wish to consider joining sympa-dev to discuss scalability issues. I
> helped write the Riseup patches.
>
> My instinct is to throw the configuration hash into a modern document
> store and not have to think about it too much again. The memcached
> route, iirc, was dependent on an efficient scheme to map perl hashes
> to a key/value store like memcached. Do you have an url to the
> memcached proposal?

It is here:

http://www.sympa.org/dev/project_direction

"Using memcached

memcached[1] is a free software tool that allows storing data in RAM and
share access to those data using a inet or unix socket. May be this
tool can be used in order to solve sharing of data between different
daemons. This solution would provide high performance and load
balancing but it seems not compatible with our need of hi
availability (was disponibility)."

[1] - http://www.danga.com/memcached/

--
Roy Bixler <address@concealed>