devel - Re: [sympa-dev] Update to community evolution

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] Update to community evolution
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 17:34:28 +0200

Hi Andrew,

Actually this page was removed some time after the announce. The idea is still valid though, and we are already working with Andras Bendszak on Sympa performances.
So as for now, here's how it works (most of this is summed up in this page of the wiki - which won't be removed: https://www.sympa.org/dev/contributors/index):

  • Becoming part of the core developpers is reserved to people we know are skilled in Sympa development and have already submitted code to the project (bug fixes or features)
  • Assuming the first condition is met, we can open to said developpers the stabilization branches, so that they can commit bug fixes directly to the subversion repository
  • Aside from being a permanent core developper, anybody interested in developping a feature for Sympa can submit his/her project to the incubator. If neeeded, we can open a branch derived from the Sympa trunk so that you can work on the Sympa code while keeping in sync with the trunk.

For now, as we want to start slowly, we invite personnally people to become core developpers. This just started today and will continue over the summer. If you are not invited, that doesn't mean you're not good enough. That only means that we don't want to deal with too many people at a time and see how the experiment works before generalizing.

Bet regards,

David