devel - Re: [sympa-dev] rationale for Time::HiRes version?

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: micah anderson <address@concealed>
  • Cc: sympa-dev <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] rationale for Time::HiRes version?
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 16:17:31 +0100

Hi Micah,

Not a good rationale, actually: this was the version with which we developped the functionnality.
We need to decrease the version number to a lower value.

Regards,

David

micah anderson a écrit :
Hi,

I notice that in the check_cpan function in sympa_wizard.pl.in that:

'Time::HiRes' => {
required_version =>'1.9719',

I've looked through the svn logs and mailing lists, at the code in
Bounce.pm, and finally through the CHANGES document for Time::HiRes[0],
and I cannot see the reason for this specific version to be required. I
see why Time::HiRes is needed, but not why this version. Does someone
recall why this version is required?

I'm curious because Debian stable contains only 1.9711 in its core perl
libraries, and no package for a newer version.

thanks!
micah

0. http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/JHI/Time-HiRes-1.9719/Changes