devel - [sympa-dev] Re: [sympa-beta] Automatic pruning of dead lists?

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Salaün <address@concealed>
  • To: Matthias Warkus <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed, sympa dev <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-dev] Re: [sympa-beta] Automatic pruning of dead lists?
  • Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 16:44:01 +0200

Hi Matthias,

It seems that this question is out of the scope of the sympa-beta mailing list. It would better fit in sympa-dev mailing list.
However, since I took the time to respond to your email, I can also answer your question ;-)

We have this as a feature request, see http://sourcesup.cru.fr/tracker/?group_id=23&atid=170&func=detail&aid=980
Since development is not planned yet.
If you wish to implement it yourself, you can either implement it outside of Sympa or contribute to Sympa. The later being our preferred solution of course.

The things you'll need to know about Sympa :

* the List::close() subroutine closes a mailing list
* sympa.pl --close_list=listname@robot : closes a mailing list
* sympa.pl --purge_list=listname@robot : completely removes a
mailing list
* you can create additional new list parameters via the
'custom_vars', see
http://www.sympa.org/manual/parameters-others#custom_vars
* the task_manager.pl process can run scheduled tasks ; it can be
quite easily extended

If you want to further discuss your development plans, please do it in the sympa-dev mailing list.

Thanks

Matthias Warkus a écrit :
is there any simple way to implement automatic (confirmed) deletion of
lists that haven't seen traffic in a long time?

  • [sympa-dev] Re: [sympa-beta] Automatic pruning of dead lists?, Olivier Salaün, 07/02/2009