devel - Re: [sympa-dev] PlainDigest.pm and character sets

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Chris Hastie <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] PlainDigest.pm and character sets
  • Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 22:56:04 +0100

On 01/09/08 22:22, Chris Hastie wrote:

> So I'm thinking I should revisit PlainDigest.pm and look carefully at
> character set handling. The idea would be to normalise everything to
> UTF-8.

OK, I've had a go at this and have submitted an updated PlainDigest.pm
at
https://sourcesup.cru.fr/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=4452&group_id=23&atid=167

One or two of the gettext strings have been changed, and whilst I was at
I've added a few (particularly the names of headers given when
processing attached messages).

I've also noticed that the HTML::TreeBuilder and HTML::FormatText
modules that PlainDigest.pm uses to convert text/html parts to
text/plain are not checked for in the installation script.

--
Chris Hastie