devel - Re: [sympa-dev] hello

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: Jason Giangrande <address@concealed>
  • Cc: Mathieu Kretchner <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] hello
  • Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 17:50:24 +0200

Hi Jason,

Thanks for sharing this code!
We are currently working on the improvement of the autotools usage in Sympa, thanks to the work of G. Rousse.
Your work will take place in this wider context.

Regards,

Jason Giangrande a écrit :
David Verdin wrote:
Whoa woa woa...
The "build_rh_rpm" target is far from being up-to-date. Actually, it is
kept in the Makefile for historical reasons, and in case we would have
to restart doing rpm ourselves.
So it is delivered "as is", without any guaranties it will still work.
Hence your problems, probably.

As for the "sympa_soap_server-wrapper.fcgi" file, it is generated when
building Sympa, from the "sympa_soap_server-wrapper.fcgi.c" file. I
don't know wether the "build_rh_rpm" target activates this part of the
build.
It is normally performed by the "soap_server" target.

If you can improve it, we will gladly distribute it.

Regards,

Mathieu Kretchner a écrit :
hello all,

So I'm trying to build an rpm from sympa 5.4 sources on a centos 5
server but I'm stuck with a damn error message.
I'm doing this
make build_rh_rpm

But the first problem is coming from :
the field Copyright instead of License in the spec generated file

Once I've corrected this point I try to do :
rpmbuild -ba sympa.spec

All seems good expect this error :
+ cp sympa_soap_server-wrapper.fcgi var/tmp/sympa-5.4/var/www/cgi-bin/
cp: cannot stat `sympa_soap_server-wrapper.fcgi': No such file or
directory
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.33630 (%install)

RPM build errors:
Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.33630 (%install)
D: May free Score board((nil))

And when I check :
ll /var/tmp/sympa-5.4/var/www/cgi-bin/
-rwsr-sr-x 1 root root 6136 Apr 1 16:07 sympa_soap_server-wrapper.fcgi

I see also no sympa_soap_server-wrapper.fcgi in the dir :
/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/sympa-5.4/soap/

If you have a littre idea about this kind of problem please thank you
to help me.

PS : si vous parlez français c'est encore mieux :)

--
David Verdin
Comité réseau des universités

Here is an updated Makefile.am that should fix the build_rh_rpm (and possibly the build_mdk_rpm as well) target. Just run automake to update the Makefile.in file. I've also attached a modified input sympa.spec file (now named sympa.spec.rhel5, which is the OS I tested it on) that should fix most of the problems I've encountered while building RPMs for Sympa. If everything works maybe we can get these fixes included with the main Sympa release.