devel - Re: [sympa-dev] quick help with base64 problem?

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Adam Bernstein <address@concealed>
  • To: David Verdin <address@concealed>, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] quick help with base64 problem?
  • Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 19:38:50 -0800

Thanks for the off-list response, David. I look forward to hearing the results of your testing with Eudora, but in the meantime, it looks to me like all this MIME re-encoding stuff (reformat_message() and fix_part()) is all new, and easy enough to skip entirely. If I comment out the line in mail.pm that calls fix_part(), all the message distribution testing I've done seems to look fine. Is it dangerous to run my production server with fix_part() commented out, or will it basically just handle messages the same way that sympa 5.1.2 did, which is what I want?

adam