devel - Re: [sympa-dev] Delivery progress notifications

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] Delivery progress notifications
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 13:05:26 +0100

Hi, and sorry for this late answer.
Sympa doesn't produce a message sending specific log file. Those logs are displayed in the main log file.
Additionally, statistics are not calculated on the fly.
Some work is currently in progress regarding statistics recording during the execution of Sympa. We don't know how far they went yet, but they seem promising.
See : http://listes.cru.fr/sympa/arc/sympa-dev/2007-11/msg00014.html

This is not exactly what you want, but it goes in a similar direction : make reporting tools available in Sympa.

Could you please write a feature request in our tracker ( http://sourcesup.cru.fr/tracker/?atid=170&group_id=23&func=browse ) ?

Regards,

address@concealed a écrit :
Does Sympa create a logfile of some sort that I can use to generate a delivery
progress report for list owners after they send an email?
I am migrating to Sympa from Lyris and I'm trying to duplicate Lyris's smtp
report like the message below. Any thoughts?
Thu, 29 Nov 2007 14:32:07
- Created outgoing email job

Thu, 29 Nov 2007 18:27:16
- Successfully sent to 9031 out of 10224 remaining recipients (88%) in
3 hours and 55 minutes.

Delivery statistics:
* 9031 successfully sent (88%)
* 481 members with transient problems (4%)
* 712 currently unreachable (6%)

Thu, 29 Nov 2007 18:27:16
- Next retry scheduled for: Thursday, Nov 29 at 06:57 PM (in 30 minutes)

Thu, 29 Nov 2007 18:57:18
- Preparing to deliver outgoing email message.

Thu, 29 Nov 2007 19:29:00
- Successfully sent to 277 out of 481 remaining recipients (57%) in
31 minutes and 39 seconds.

Delivery statistics:
* 9308 successfully sent (91%)
* 204 members with transient problems (1%)
* 712 currently unreachable (6%)

Thu, 29 Nov 2007 19:29:00
- Next retry scheduled for: Friday, Nov 30 at 07:29 AM (in 12 hours)
Detailed delivery report for each undeliverable member:
--> Sending email to: address@concealed
<-- DNS info available, found 10 acceptable mail servers for yahoo.com
--> Using existing connecting to: yahoo.com
--> MAIL FROM: address@concealed
<-- 250 sender <address@concealed> ok
--> RCPT TO:<address@concealed>
<-- 250 recipient <address@concealed> ok
--> DATA
<-- 354 go ahead
--> (message body)
--> [sent entire message body]
<-- 451 Message temporarily deferred - [190]
--> RSET
<-- 250 reset ok

---

--> Sending email to: address@concealed
<-- DNS info available, found 10 acceptable mail servers for yahoo.com
--> Attempting to connect to: yahoo.com
<-- Connected to: yahoo.com
<-- 220 mta230.mail.re3.yahoo.com ESMTP YSmtp service ready
--> HELO lyris.micahtek.com
<-- 250 mta230.mail.re3.yahoo.com
--> MAIL FROM: address@concealed
<-- 250 sender <address@concealed> ok
--> RCPT TO:<address@concealed>
<-- 250 recipient <address@concealed> ok
--> DATA
<-- 354 go ahead
--> (message body)
--> [sent entire message body]
<-- 451 Message temporarily deferred - [190]
--> RSET
<-- 250 reset ok

---

etc etc etc..