devel - [sympa-dev] Re: Re: [Internet] Re: Sympa 5.3b.5 automatic list creation load testing

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Thomas Berry <address@concealed>
  • To: Sylvain Amrani <address@concealed>
  • Cc: sympa dev <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-dev] Re: Re: [Internet] Re: Sympa 5.3b.5 automatic list creation load testing
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 12:07:55 -0700

Sylvain,

You were absolutely correct. The timeout1 setting in the include_ldap_2level_query was set to 30 seconds which was not enough time for the synchronization of about 7500 members to complete.

Also, I think the SQL error occurs because the test list was closed and purged using the Sympa interface, which may not immediately clean-up the members synchronized with the SQL DB.

Thomas

Sylvain Amrani wrote:
Hi,

I did not encountered such errors, even with large lists.

The "The testgroup2000 list could not be created. " may come from an ldap error retrieving list members : are your timeout parameters sufficient ? Maybe your need to adjust the timelimit and sizelimit in the ldap queries.

When did the "duplicate entry" error occur ? during list creation, or a second list synchronization (launched by a 2nd message ) ? Looking at your mysql binlogs you may find when then first INSERT statement occurred.

Could you show us your DoFile modifications ?

Sylvain

Thomas Berry a écrit :
Sympa 5.3b.5

During that test, I'm seeing the following error for each member synchronized from the LDAP entry:

May 18 10:23:05 int-list sympa(creation)[5042]: List::add_user() Unable to execute SQL statement "INSERT INTO subscriber_table (user_subscriber, comment_subscriber, list_subscriber, robot_subscriber, date_subscriber, update_subscriber, reception_subscriber, topics_subscriber, visibility_subscriber,subscribed_subscriber,included_subscriber,include_sources_subscriber) VALUES ('address@concealed', NULL, 'testgroup9000', 'int-list.jpl.nasa.gov', FROM_UNIXTIME(1179508958), FROM_UNIXTIME(1179508958), 'mail', NULL, 'noconceal', 0, 1, 'a162ec6a')" : Duplicate entry 'address@concealed' for key 1

Thomas

We're running some load tests in an effort to see the load Sympa puts
on the LDAP servers when retrieving members.

For now, I'm sending six messages to mailing lists with member counts
ranging from 10 to 9000 members. Here are some of the messages that
result from the test:

Sympa will sometimes bounce with this message:

- - - -

Your message for list 'testgroup10' (attached below) was rejected.
You are not allowed to send this message for the following reason :

Message distribution in the list is restricted to list subscribers.

- - - -

The authorization of automatic list creation set to intranet, the
sender's email address is in the domain, and the list is configured with
"send public".

So far, there have been two occurrence when Sympa bounced back with the
following message:

- - - -

Impossible to distribute your message for list '' for the following reason :

The testgroup2000 list could not be created.

- - - -

Note: The number in the list name denotes the number of test members in
the list.

Note: We have modified sympa.pl "DoFile" in order to get Sympa to use
admin::update_list for every message sent to a list. This is done
because some of the list settings are in an LDAP entry that can be
changed by the owners of the LDAP entry. We need messaging being sent
to the list to adhere to the configuration settings in the LDAP entry.