devel - [sympa-dev] Re: RE: Re: LDAP Authentication

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-dev] Re: RE: Re: LDAP Authentication
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 18:33:01 +0200

Chris, I think you are right on the money, yesterday i thought only bind_dn &
password need mail attribute access. But as you said the sympa users need to
access the mail attribute. Close look at the ldap log reveals, First sympa
does a bind using bind_dn and password and then its binds using users uid and
password and try to retrive the mail attribute ..I think in my case it failed.
We have strict control over the directory individual users don't have ability
to access the attributes. So it result in failed authentication. I am in the
process of adding some access control in the directory so users can access
mail
attribute.

Again Thanks Chris & Thomas for you quick response.