devel - [sympa-dev] Re: Re: sympa 5.3b.5

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Thomas Berry <address@concealed>
  • To: sympa dev <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-dev] Re: Re: sympa 5.3b.5
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 09:40:25 -0700

My mistake. I was looking at the web templates, not the templates for mail. I found the moderate template, so I'm still at a loss to identify the actually problem.

Also, if I login as a list owner, the moderated messages are waiting for approval in the queue.

Thomas

Thomas Berry wrote:

Ok. As the log entry indicates, the 'moderate' template is missing. Using wwsympa logged in as the server admin, I looked through the available templates, but was unable to find the moderate template.

Thomas

Thomas Berry wrote:
Here is some additional information about this issue:

After closing and purging the list, refreshing sendmail aliases, I send a message to the list to trigger its instantiation. I check the list using wwsympa and find that the moderator (editor) has been populated. Then, after a refresh of the page, the moderator(s) disappear. I see the following error:

Apr 30 08:56:58 dev-list sympa(command)[30720]: List::get_editors_email() Warning : no editor defined for list testlist, getting owners
Apr 30 08:56:58 dev-list sympa(command)[30720]: List::send_to_editor() Warning : no editor defined for list testlist, contacting owners
Apr 30 08:56:58 dev-list sympa(command)[30720]: List::send_to_editor() Unable to send template 'moderate' to testlist editors
Apr 30 08:56:58 dev-list sympa(command)[30720]: main::DoMessage() sympa::DoMessage(): Calling to send_to_editor() function failed for user address@concealed in list testlist

Thomas

Thomas Berry wrote:

I'm testing a family based list configurations. The editors of the list are configured to be pulled from an LDAP directory using the same configuration as the list owners. The owners of the list are consistently maintained with the mailing list's corresponding LDAP entry and added as list owners. But, editors, which use a similar ldap_source include configuration do not consistently get added.

When the list is first instantiated by the automatic list creation process, the list editors are available. But, after that, the editors disappear. This causes problems when the list postings are moderated. An error results, and the message is rejected.

Any ideas?

Thomas