devel - [sympa-dev] Re: Something changed in mysql or abstraction API which breaks sympa ?

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: Olivier Berger <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-dev] Re: Something changed in mysql or abstraction API which breaks sympa ?
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 17:35:46 +0200

Hi,

Although we could nor reproduce this problem with our current installation neither find any clue in the CPAN modules changelogs, we did some changes that should do the trick.

You will find a patch here :

http://sourcesup.cru.fr/viewvc/viewvc/branches/sympa-5.2-branch/src/List.pm?root=sympa&r1=4244&r2=4377

Please let us know if this solves your problem or not.

Regards,

Olivier Berger a écrit :
Hi.

I just noticed that something's needed to fix a breakage on Debian sympa
testing package...

I think you may be interested as the Upgrade.pm code seems not to have
changed in SVN on next beta version AFAICT.

More details : excerpt of
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=418836#10 :

-----

I think I see the problem : the DB interface for mysql newly reports
table names like :
`sympa`.`admin_table` instead of simply `admin_table` or admin_table

I think the following may be used in List.pm::probe_db to correct that :

instead of :
foreach my $t (@tables) {
$t =~ s/^\`(.+)\`$/\1/;
}
have :
foreach my $t (@tables) {
}

Although I'm not so sure about my regexp... also, this may not be
backward compatible with previous versions of the DB access engine, or
whatever has changed since etch...

Hope this helps.

--
David Verdin