devel - [sympa-dev] Re: Dynamic Lists

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-dev] Re: Dynamic Lists
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 16:36:18 +0100

Hi,

You did not mention what version of Sympa you're using ?

What is the value of the 'user_data_source' for those lists ? It should be 'include2' and not 'include'.

Can you provide the full log entry + the surrounding logs entries. Setting sympa processes to debug mode (sympa.pl -d) would be a plus.

address@concealed wrote:
Im running Sympa 5.3a.10, using dynamic lists by connecting to a TSQL
database.
If I have just a couple of lists that pull small amounts of data im having no
difficulties. But I am experiencing problems anytime any of the bigger lists
(about 3000 users) try to synchronize at the same time, or alteast thats what
it seems like (this is through TTL and front end synchronize). It seems like
the bigger lists blocks the other synchronize process. Has anyone experienced
such things? Any Ideas or thoughts would be appreciated.

PS this is the error message I'm getting

"Sympa could not include subscribers from external data sources ; the
database or LDAP directory might be unreachable. Check Sympa log files for more precise information"