devel - [sympa-dev] Re: [sympa-authors] use of alias_manager should be deactivable

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Salaün <address@concealed>
  • To: Sylvain Amrani <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-dev] Re: [sympa-authors] use of alias_manager should be deactivable
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 16:31:50 +0200

Hi Sylvain,

We can either have a "none" value for the sendmail_aliases parameter or add a new parameter alias_manager with a possible none value.

Please post a bug to keep track of the idea.
Providing a patch would make things easier for us, if you have time to make it.

Thanks.

Sylvain Amrani wrote:

I'm using, as many others I guess, postfix with virtual_regexp for alias
management.

So alias_manager is useless and I need a way to disable it. I add a
exit(0) at the beginning of the alias_manager.pl script.

I think the best way would be to add a configuration option to
sympa.conf, or use an existing one, like :

sendmail_aliases none

Is it usefull to post a bug report with a patch on sourcesup ?