devel - Re: [sympa-dev] Authentification

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Sebastien DIAZ <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] Authentification
  • Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 15:33:37 +0200

Sympa already provides authentication plugins for LDAP, CAS, Shibboleth. When using Single Sign-On systems like Shibboleth or CAS, Sympa expects that an Apache authentication module is setup in front of the CGI and that this authentication module sets an HTTP header field (REMOTE_USER being the standard one) containing the user login or email address.

Does LemonLDAP provide such an Apache module ?

Sebastien DIAZ wrote:

I am developing an extension to do an authetification with Lemonldap.

How I can contribute ?

How we can connect directly to sympa without login.?

Actually I use a handler to acquire lemonldap authentification in an
indepedant module and I add a cookie that contain the email of the
user

With the cookie , I modify the wwsympa.fcgi (version $Revision: 1.520.2.6 )
I add before the line ## Get PATH_INFO parameters, this lines:
## Get Cookie Lemon
use CGI;
my $cgi = new CGI;
my $lemonLDAPCookie = $cgi->cookie(-name=>'sympaLemonLdap')||"NOCOOKIE";

and In the if of the selection of the authentification before the line
##Cookie extern : sympa_altemails, this lines:

}elsif ($lemonLDAPCookie ne "NOCOOKIE") {
($param->{'user'}{'email'}, $param->{'auth'}) = $lemonLDAPCookie;
}

  • Re: [sympa-dev] Authentification, Olivier Salaün - CRU, 08/01/2006