devel - [sympa-dev] Re: matching SMTP headers on command messages

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Adam Bernstein <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-dev] Re: matching SMTP headers on command messages
  • Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 13:21:00 -0700

I see no obvious reason why you wouldn't want to make that function available for command messages (as opposed to distributed list messages), and looking in the code, I think the cause is simply that the full message is not retained in the sequence of function calls involved in processing a command.

Well, I have succeeded in passing the message through all the necessary calls so that subscribe (and all other) scenarios can all use SMTP header matching for rule conditions. However, I've hit another problem: If you're trying to match Received: headers, the code only checks the first (ie. most recent) Received: header for a match, and then it stops looking. So if you're looking for a match somewhere further back in the SMTP chain, it always fails.

Any easy way to fix that?

ab