devel - [sympa-dev] do_del Notification

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Jeff Abbott <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-dev] do_del Notification
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 17:09:23 -0500

Folks,

I discovered that there wasn't a notification for web users when unsubscribing members of their list the way there was when they subscribed them; it was using the generic "performed" notification instead. I added a notification to the do_del action and have attached a patch for wwsympa.fcgi below -- this is for version 5.1 but it does apply against 5.1.2. From a quick glance at CVS it would appear that the notification system is changing slightly for 5.2, but it still seems to be giving the generic "performed" notification.

Also note that you'll want to add something like the following to notice.tt2:

[% ELSIF notice.msg == 'del_performed' %]
[%|loc(notice.total)%]%1 addresses have been removed[%END%]

I think this would be more consistent and predictable for end users, and if you'd like me to throw this together for the CVS version then let me know.

Thanks,
Jeff