devel - [sympa-dev] SQL Server and subscribers file inclusion update

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Damien Nouvel<address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-dev] SQL Server and subscribers file inclusion update
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 12:10:08 +0200

I am trying to code a batch so as to send emails to a mailing list issued from
a MS SQL Server. Since Sympa couldn't connect directly to that kind of
database, I will write in a file the updated list of subscribers, then send
the
newsletter to sympa to deliver it to the list.

My problem is that Sympa doesn't update the subscribers table when sending a
new mail, as far as I know it does it :
- every n seconds (defined in "data source" tab),
- when you update the "data source" configuration.

Would you know a way to automatically update that subscribers list from the
file upon sending a mail ?
Otherwise would it be faiseable to call a perl script or a command on Sympa so
as to update that liste from the file ?
At last, do you know if the connection with MS SQL Server is in the todo list
?

Regards,

Damien Nouvel.