devel - Re: [sympa-dev] Optimizing Sympa's web interface

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites <address@concealed>
  • To: Dean Ericksen <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] Optimizing Sympa's web interface
  • Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 17:36:58 +0200

Dean Ericksen wrote:

This is great news. We have grown to live with the performance delays …but if they can be addressed in 5.2, we would be very happy.

A related note that could boost speed/flexibility of returning global list info: is it possible to pour the contents of the /expl/*/config files into a mysql table? I recognize that there is a lot of baggage in the /expl/*/ directory that might not fit neatly into a database (page customizations, etc), but the config file itself seems easily portable to this format.

Yes it could possible to do that but it will not boost speed : curently list config is stored in main memory (that's why the initial load was soo long). So we will consider this for scalability purpose : "how to run Sympa with a cluster architecture ?". That question is more difficult to solve than the actual problem with perf : it is not limited to /expl/* directory.

Serge Aumont