devel - [sympa-dev] mutex for cluster environment

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Kazuo Moriwaka <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-dev] mutex for cluster environment
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 13:30:56 +0900 (JST)

Hello,

I'm trying to use sympa in cluster(active-active) environment.
I want someone's tests and advices.

I add a simple mutex logic to task_manager.pl, archived.pl, and
bounced.pl. They make a lock file in EXPL directory to avoid
use same spool directory by same type daemons at a time (and same
task is done twice by two daemons).
I submit this patch to BTS #503. It uses BTS #435's patch (NFS aware
lock). They looks almost work in my test environment.

http://listes.cru.fr/mantis/view_bug_page.php?f_id=0000503
http://listes.cru.fr/mantis/view_bug_page.php?f_id=0000435

I found one problem already in cluster with these patches.

Deleting List is not work well because of NFS's temporaly file.

When a file is opened in host A, and the same file is deleted in host
B, NFS makes temporaly file in the file's directory and the temporaly
file is not deletable in B while the file is opened in A.

It blocks deleting List's directory. (After deleting a list, sympa
cannot make same name list.)

thank you.
--
Kazuo Moriwaka <address@concealed>

  • [sympa-dev] mutex for cluster environment, Kazuo Moriwaka, 09/26/2005