devel - [sympa-dev] Take advantage of Postfix VERP?

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: "Adam Bernstein" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-dev] Take advantage of Postfix VERP?
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 14:00:37 -0700

(VERP seems to be becoming an obsession of mine....)

I was just reading this page: http://www.postfix.org/VERP_README.html
and thinking: Wow, it looks to me like, at least with Postfix, we could
do VERP on all Sympa list messages without Sympa actually doing any
extra work or adding much extra load to the system. Am I correct that,
with maybe a very minor change to how Sympa processes bounces and the
command that it uses to call the MTA, I could be using Postfix-enabled
VERP on all my lists? I want to try it....

And do the other MTA's (or at least sendmail and exim) have the same
capability? If not, if the change is as easy as I think, it might still
be worth integrating into Sympa and activating it only if the chosen
MTA is Postfix. This would be *really great* to have.

Thanks!
adam

--
----Electric Embers: Powering the fires of change--------------------
NPOGroups | NPOMail | NPOShield | web/database/email hosting