devel - Re: [sympa-dev] New skin for Sympa, help on CSS

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Francis Lachapelle <address@concealed>
  • To: Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] New skin for Sympa, help on CSS
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 11:05:59 -0500

Hi Serge

On 2005-02-22 10:06:28 -0500 Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites <address@concealed> wrote:

I currently woorking for a new skin for Sympa. You can have a look at http://wwww.sympa.org/dev . It use xhtml en CSS base on a skin published on site www.oswd.org and named canvas. Main menu, list menu and admin menu not use anymore table so templates are must more simple and easy to customize.

Any remark on this very begining job is welcome.

This is a great improvement from the default skin! However, I would suggest to simplify your CSS; too much different colors, too much different font sizes! You should also move all of the text properties to your CSS file instead of specifying them in your XHTML.

May be you can help me for a small problem I can't solve : when using links inside a simple table the link is underlined. I have installed a very very simple page at http://www.cru.fr/perso/sa/ that show 2 kind of link. The page use the original unmodified ccs by reference to

http://www.oswd.org/design/1650/Blank_Canvas/style.css

I can't understand why the link inside a table are not conform with your CSS ? Also the IE6 view of this page is incorrect (red line are not placed correctly)

For the links problem, you shoud remove the "*" from the following definitions:

.ContentBlock * a {
border-bottom: 1px dotted #FF0000;
text-align: left;
}
.ContentBlock * a:hover {text-decoration:none;}
.ContentBlock * a img {border: 0px;}

For IE6, the "padding-bottom" property of the following definition is causing the problem:

strong {text-indent: 30px; font-size: 16px; padding-bottom:10px;}

By the way, a good practice is to validate your XHTML and CSS. Currently, none is valid:

http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A//www.cru.fr/perso/sa/
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?profile=css2&warning=2&uri=http%3A//www.cru.fr/perso/sa/

Francis

--