devel - Re: [sympa-dev] XHTML

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] XHTML
  • Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 08:59:21 +0200

Patrice Levesque wrote:

I just started to use Sympa, thumbs up I say.

one thing though itches me: the wwsympa interface generates seriously
out-of-date HTML. I'd really like to port it to XHTML. That would
allow, on a second step, to ease the introduction of CSS, to achieve a
more flexible interface. Right now apart from the 5 colors defined in
sympa.conf, there's no way to change looks without digging deep in
the code. CSS would open the door to skins and eye candy.

I looked at the template files but I don't see any unification between
the different language templates: from what I understand I'd have to
re-write every template file in every language to port to XHTML. Does
that make sense or did I miss something?

Your are right. That's why next Sympa version will be based on TT2 parser. TT2 will allow a single template for all langages. Sympa TT2 version is availible (check Sympa CVS server). It is a great contrib from Chia-liang Kao. It's time for us to prodide an uptodate distribution of Sympa including TT2 because a lot of contribution are waiting for it. Current TT2 version is based on a old Sympa version.

Regards
Serge Aumont

  • XHTML, Patrice Levesque, 05/01/2004
    • Re: [sympa-dev] XHTML, Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites, 05/03/2004