devel - Re: [sympa-dev] Adding a list config parameter

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Chris Hastie <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] Adding a list config parameter
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 08:55:45 +0000

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004, Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed> wrote
The per-list 'rfc2369_header_fields' parameter makes sense.
Attached is a patch (against a 4.1) that provides this feature ; you can compare it to what you coded yourself...

Thanks Olivier, but I think I wasn't clear about what I'm trying to do. I'm not trying to configure whether the List-* headers are included, but what they are set to.

For example, for historical reasons I have lists that are archived externally to sympa, and for performance reasons (under powered server that is hit hard by wwsympa.fcgi) I want to keep it that way. So I need to override the default List-Archive header.

Similarly, from what I recall there are various bits of RFC2919 that suggest that deriving the List-Id from the name and host is not ideal. Firstly, the recommendation that the host 'list-id.domain' be used as the name space, and secondly the strong recommendation that a List-Id should not change even when the list's host and address changes.

So I was attempting to configure the *content* of individual List-* headers on a per list basis. I managed to get sympa to recognise a new set of variables, read values from a list config and apply them, using existing defaults if they're empty. I managed to get edit boxes to appear in wws to configure these parameters, and I managed to set them from wws.

BUT wws would not display the current values, and because the edit boxes always have values of "", unless the values are reentered each time wws is used they are removed.

So my question is, how do I get wwsympa to read in the values in the list's config files.
--
Chris Hastie