devel - Re: [sympa-dev] 3.4.4.1, skip scenario patch

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Kendall Libby <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] 3.4.4.1, skip scenario patch
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 10:43:27 +0100

Hi Kendall,

You're more than welcome because we know the number of distributed scenarios makes a real problem on the list admin web interface.

The solution you propose is fine and we've applied your patch with a minor change to make sure :ignore files will always be processed before a corresponding scenario. Here is the final patch (on the development branch) :
http://listes.cru.fr/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/sympa/src/List.pm.diff?r1=1.401&r2=1.402

We might add a web interface to scenario skipping one of these days...

Kendall Libby wrote:

We're about to replace our old listproc system with sympa, and one of
the things we were concerned about is the large number of scenarii,
most of which would simply confuse our users.

I've created a small patch to List.pm in the load_scenario_list
subroutine which will cause sympa to ignore scenari. To force sympa
to skip the scenario send.closed, create a file called
send.closed:ignore in ~sympa/etc/scenari (or etc/$robot/scenari). [...]

--
Olivier Salaun
Comite Reseau des Universites