devel - Re: [sympa-dev] Include lists from Microsoft Access database?

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Adam Bernstein <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] Include lists from Microsoft Access database?
  • Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 09:36:44 +0200

Hi Adam,

I don't see any reason why you could not define an include_sql_query data_source with an ODBC source. Sympa uses DBI/DBD for fetching email addresses and it should work fine as far as you installed the DBD::ODBC driver. The 'db_type' parameter of 'include_sql_query' paragraph can be ANY DBD driver name.

Adam Bernstein wrote:

I'm wondering if anybody has attempted to modify Sympa's SQL-query list
inclusion to work with a remote MS Access (Jet) database, probably using the
DBD::ODBC driver for Perl DBI. Or if the Sympa team or anyone else has any
thoughts on how hard that would be?

--
Olivier Salaun
Comite Reseau des Universites