devel - Information about development status?

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: "Adam Bernstein" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Information about development status?
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 13:02:52 -0700

Serge, Olivier, etc:

I'm looking for information on the status of Sympa's development,
either for the next major 3.x release or for 4.0. I don't see
anything on the Web site, including the CVS interface. Am I
missing something? You had a very welcome call for feature
requests for 4.0 a while ago, and it would be helpful just to
have those collected somewhere, but I don't even see that. The
"In the Future" page is very general and hasn't been updated
recently.

I'd like to know where you are on a number of tasks, and I don't
want to keep bothering you with questions. But to give an idea,
the topics include:
-Integrated polls via SOAP -- promised last fall...?
-Automatic bounce management (subscriber removal)
-Customizing mail content per subscriber
-Improved Web interface (maybe with Javascript & images?)
-Text digests
And there's much more....

We are continually customizing and adding features to our Sympa
code, and we may soon be doing a large project that would include
a rough algorithm for bouncing subscriber removal (which we have
already designed). I'd like to know where Sympa development
stands, to make the best use of our resources.

Thanks for any help!

adam
NPOGroups / Electric Embers