devel - Re: [sympa-dev] sympa ldap user creation

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] sympa ldap user creation
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 15:27:23 +0200

LDAP is not adapted for what Sympa does with its backend ; LDAP has been designed for fast read access.
Sympa never writes in LDAP.

address@concealed wrote:

I am working on the authentification with ldap, it works well but when i
create a new user, sympa put it on his mySql database and not on the ldap directory. I am trying to do so but i didn't find any information about it.

I would like to know if some people are implementing a solution in order to write directly in the ldap tree the uid, the mail and the password of a new
sympa user.

If nobody works on it, i will try by myself...

--
Olivier Salaun
Comite Reseau des Universites

  • sympa ldap user creation, ppilven, 05/16/2003
    • Re: [sympa-dev] sympa ldap user creation, Olivier Salaun - CRU, 05/16/2003