devel - Re: [sympa-dev][Adam Heath <adam@lapdoog.doogie.org>] Re: Possible regexp bug in 5.8

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: John Douglass <address@concealed>
  • To: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • Cc: Jérôme Marant <address@concealed>, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev][Adam Heath <address@concealed>] Re: Possible regexp bug in 5.8
  • Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 11:35:45 -0500

Olivier Salaun - CRU wrote:

Hi Jerome,

Our development plateform does not have Perl 5.8 and we dont't have
much time to reproduce this problem on another server.

What we can do is to patch Sympa to keep only one '*' where many
consecutive are found in a search regexp.

We need to find a site that could validate the patch then.
Any volonteer having a Sympa server running with Perl 5.8 ?

I'm building a new Solaris 9 server now with 5.8 (it's the only version available on SunFreeWare.com which kind of sucks).

Be happy to test it for ya.

- JohnD