devel - BUG: Summary mode links broken for virtual robots

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: "Adam Bernstein" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: BUG: Summary mode links broken for virtual robots
  • Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 13:24:12 -0400

Okay... Now I can bring up the bug report page, but when I try to submit
a new bug, I get an error message telling me to fill in the required
fields -- even if I fill every field on the page, including optional ones.
So here's my bug report:

Category: Sending process (sympa.pl)
Reproducibility: Always
Severity: Minor/Major
OS: FreeBSD 4.3
Product version: 3.3.5
When it builds a summary-mode index for a list within a virtual robot, Sympa
builds the URL for linked messages using the primary domain, not the virtual
robot name. The arcsearch_id command finds nothing, since it's looking in
the wrong domain, and only a blank Web page comes up.

I can find the routine in List.pm that builds the digest/summary message,
but for the life of me I cannot see how it inserts the URL to the message
in the archive, so I can't figure out how to fix this or submit a patch.

Thanks.
adam
--
Adam Bernstein Member of Tech Underground:
address@concealed http://tech-underground.org

  • BUG: Summary mode links broken for virtual robots, Adam Bernstein, 09/28/2002