devel - Re: include_remote_sympa_list

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Sergiy Zhuk <address@concealed>
  • To: Aumont <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: include_remote_sympa_list
  • Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 19:12:53 -0700 (PDT)

hi

On Wed, 28 Aug 2002, Aumont wrote:

> > Both Makefile and List.pm mention X509.pm module, which I couldn't find
> > neither under CVS nor in the beta tarball.

> Ooops. I just have added this module in the cvs tree (not in the
> tar.gz) This module is part of Sympa and it is used for the new include
> mode 'include_remote_sympa_list' which allow a Sympa server to connect
> to another one to fetch a list.This Sympa to Sympa communication use
> https.

There's also a problem with FCGI and perl 5.8.0.
One of the modules requires perl 5.8.0 which CPAN happily installs as a
dependency.
After that, wwsympa.fcgi is running, but all html output is forwarded to
/dev/stderr rather than stdout, so user is getting "Internal Server Error"
and html output goes to the http error log.
Is it a known problem ?
I'm running freebsd 4.x with apache 1.3.x and the most recent version of
FCGI perl module.
I've also tried prev. version of FCGI with the same result.
It looks like perl 5.8.0 is doing things very differently than 5.6.0...

--
rgds,
serge