devel - Re: [sympa-dev] Question about "beta version w/ include cache in MySQL"

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Aumont <address@concealed>
  • To: John Douglass <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] Question about "beta version w/ include cache in MySQL"
  • Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 16:56:42 +0200

John Douglass wrote:

> New 'sync_include' list task :
> Only one model (ttl) is available. TM checks if the list is in 'include2'
> mode and runs the sync_include.
> ...................;
>
> Does this now mean that future versions can "update" from an included
> source (such as LDAP or MySQL) at a predetermined time?
No (at least not in current version), but it mean that sympa.pl and
wwsympa.fcgi will NEVER need to compute the external data sources.
Of course, it suppose that the task_manager.pl is always active.

> Also, are there plans to include within a list definition an "EXPIRES"
> date? We have some semester based lists that it would be nice to have
> close automatically (but not purge) based upon a supplied date.

Yes, this is also needed for our own services. It's easy to do :
we need create a new modele task and to modify task_manager in order
to interpret it (it will just change the list status). May be someone
will send out a contrib to do that :-) .

Serge

Serge Aumont Comité Réseaux des Universités
Campus Beaulieu
35042 Rennes Cedex