devel - bug correction in wwsympa (V3.3.5) ? et other wishes...

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: bug correction in wwsympa (V3.3.5) ? et other wishes...
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 14:26:39 +0200

I just upgrade my sympa version from 3.3.4.b3 to 3.3.5 and I'm surprised not to see a bug correction I made in the former version.
It is about scenarii test module, the authentication's methods do not appear in the web page) :

PROMPT> diff wwsympa.fcgi.DIST.3.3.5 wwsympa.fcgi
4549c4549,4550
< $param->{'auth_method'}{$a}{'define'}=1 ;
---
> # $param->{'auth_method'}{$a}{'define'}=1 ;
> $param->{'authmethod'}{$a}{'defined'}=1 ;

In addition here some remark/wishes :
A remark for beginning : commands sent by signed (X509) email, are OK even if the command is in the subject (which is part of the headers, so not protected by the signature). But I agree it would be a big job to change this

And a wish to continue : would it be easy to restrict the authentication method per user (I think doing it per list is far more difficult) ? I mean to restrict authentication to the use of a personal certificat for users who are listmaster for instance.
But I think this could be a parameter of the user's preferences (may be not available for modification by the user himself, but only by the listmaster). And a global parameter in sympa.conf setting the default for all users (the idea behind is to set the default auth method to personal certificat only for every user of sympa but to be able to modify this to login/password for users who do not have easily a personal certificat).

Best regards,
Laurent.