devel - Re: [sympa-dev] URLIZE Delivery mode and Outlook

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Tilman Mueller-Gerbes <address@concealed>
  • To: Olivier Salaun <address@concealed>
  • Cc: Sympa-dev <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] URLIZE Delivery mode and Outlook
  • Date: 24 Jun 2002 10:04:11 +0200

Hi,

this is what I thought at first, but the problem with Outlook is then,
that text/plain parts with preference inline are *not* displayed inline,
but only as attachments accessible through the "clip" at the upper right
of the message window.
I think this is due to the many security problems Outlook had when
handling inline attachments.

When you then open a text/plain attachment, usually wordpad will start
und you cannot go to the included URL by simply clicking it.

So I came up with my outlined solution, because then URL highlighting in
Outlook works.

YMMV, simply using another type (such as text/plain or maybe text/html)
will probably solve the problem for Eudora / Pegasus (have not checked
this), but with Outlooks non-perfect (to say the least) MIME support, it
does not work to well (IMO).

cu, Tilman

--
Tilman Müller-Gerbes, Kempener Str. 53-55, 50733 Köln
E: address@concealed, T: 0221/1206380