devel - Re: [sympa-dev] Some patches/bug reports for you

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Salaun <address@concealed>
  • To: Jérôme Marant <address@concealed>
  • Cc: sympa-dev <address@concealed>, address@concealed, Erich Schubert <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] Some patches/bug reports for you
  • Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 15:14:49 +0200

Hi Jerome,

Let's go through these bug reports :

Jérôme Marant wrote:

> Could you look at those bugs/wishlist/patches please :
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/146730

Serge answered this point

> http://bugs.debian.org/146186

This sounds like Debian package specific....

> http://bugs.debian.org/146505

We have applied this patch

> http://bugs.debian.org/146514

I've just applied this one

> http://bugs.debian.org/146499

(subdirectory descriptions not appearing in the directory)
=> Like files, the description is shown as a ALT on the left-handed icon.
The description column costed too much space...

> http://bugs.debian.org/146685
> The moderation confirmation request message could include a link to the
> wwsympa page for moderation, as this is a nice way to moderate many
> e-mails. Adding this link to the mail won't do any harm.

We agree with this

> Furthermore, the reply-to should be set so that i just have to hit
> "reply" and copy either DISTRIBUTE ... or REJECT ... to the subject.

I've changed this.

> Actually i would prefer the ezmlm way to handle this:
> Do the confirmation via the email adress, that is having a reply-to such
> as listname-distribute-<cookie>@domain.tld, and maybe the From: being
> the reject address.

I don't think the reply-to address should point to an "active" address,
because
of possible accidents (responder,....).

> (Note that this requires plus addresses, the extension char should be
> configureable, so that sendmail, postfix and qmail work)

> Thanks for your great work.
> I've decided to drop qmail in favour of postfix, and have been searching
> for a good MLM for some time... Sympa won against Mailman and Listar.

Good news :)

> Possibly this one too:
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/146735
> Creation of lists under a virtual domain are not easy, nor
> documented, nor correct, nor working at all in fact !

Virtual domains are now fully working.

--
Olivier Salaün
Comité Réseau des Universités