devel - Database connection error results in endless loop

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Database connection error results in endless loop
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 20:23:32 +0100

Hi,

At this moment I receive 10 mail messages per minute telling me:

"Cannot connect to database sympa, Sympa dying."

I'm using Sympa 3.3.3 and I can't get administrative access to the server
running sympa, therefore I have to delete tomorrow about 8000 messages :-(

I know some people were busy with a firewall upgrade that could be the cause
for Sympa loosing its database connection, but if he promises me to die he
should do so.

Another issue that would be a great enhancement is the support of the [conf]
and [list] variables in message footers. We like to append a footer with some
details about unsubscribing, at the moment we have to edit this footer for
every mailing list.

Besides the bug above I think sympa is a superb mailing list manager.
--
Mark Brouwer