devel - Re: [sympa-dev] Robot configuration location not satisfactory

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: address@concealed (Jérôme Marant)
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] Robot configuration location not satisfactory
  • Date: 21 Jan 2002 19:55:09 +0100

Olivier Salaun <address@concealed> writes:

> Hi Jerome,

Hi,

> We'd like to keep on differenciate these 2 directories.
> If you want to refer to the same directory :
> 1/ you set it in the distributed sympa.conf
> (requires that we change every "--DIR--/etc" with $Conf{'etc'}
> first)

This the problem. In my package, DIR equals to /usr/lib/sympa and I don't
want any /usr/lib/sympa/etc and moreover, no extra file nor directory must
be created by the user in /usr subdirectories.

I want all *user* configuration files for sympa in the same place, i.e.
/etc/sympa :

/etc/sympa/sympa.conf
/etc/sympa/wwsympa.conf
/etc/sympa/create_list_templates/
/etc/sympa/templates/
/etc/sympa/scenari/
/etc/sympa/my.domain.org/robot.conf

and so on

All default configurations are going to /usr/share/sympa (ETCBINDIR). They
must not be edited by the user.

So, either you create an extra variable called ETCDIR which default is
${prefix}/etc but that i can override to /etc/sympa, either I have to
patch Sympa on my side in order to be happy.
The first solution would change anything for you and would please me
as well.

> 2/ we define a new var in configure.in, but I can't find one that
> suites
> in autoconf's documentation (we already use 'sysconfdir')

By the way, overriding sysconfdir through configure does not work. Same
thing
for datadir and al.

Thanks.

--