devel - Ssummary URL reference error; wrong month

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Straub Herbert <address@concealed>
  • To: "'address@concealed'" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Ssummary URL reference error; wrong month
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 10:19:11 +0100

Title: Ssummary URL reference error; wrong month

In sympa 3.2.1 (and later) there is an error with the subscriber option summary.

If the month change between two summary mail sendings, then the URL in the summary mail to the mail, is wrong. I think, the error occurs also, if the year change.

Example:

0. test von Hugo
   Hugo <address@concealed>
   http://address@concealed%20
1. test2 von Herbert
   Herbert <address@concealed>
   http://address@concealed%20

The URL specification is wrong. If i changed the URL path 2001-11 to 2001-10 it works.

In List.pm i found in the function send_msg_digest in loop index contruction the line

        $msg->{'month'} = &POSIX::strftime("%Y-%m", localtime(time)); ## Should be extracted from Date:

I change this line with the following lines:

my $send_date;
$send_date=ParseDate($mail->head->get('date'));
print substr($send_date,0,4)."-".substr($send_date,4,2);

and it seems, that it works correct. At the beginning of List.pm you must add

use Date::Manip;

Is this a correct solution? I had read, that it is possible, that some Mailing Systems formats the Date Header Field not in the RFC822 specification.

Regards
Herbert