devel - Re: [sympa-users] Error loading scenari

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Salaun <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Error loading scenari
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 13:08:48 +0200

Hi,

address@concealed wrote:

> the scenari problem solved. I found some bad idea in wwsympa:
>
> 1. wwsympa use perl's glob() which recquire csh. It means, that when you
> put wwsympa over an
> apache running in jail, you need to put a shell into the jail. This is a
> very bad idea.
>
> To solve this problem there are some other CPAN module like
> File::BSDGlob, implementing
> these functions whithout needed any shell.

Actually we use glob() only once in WWSympa :
foreach my $tpl (<--ETCBINDIR--/wws_templates/*.tpl>) {
and it can be replaced by an opendir/readdir ; we will modify this for
the beta version.

> 2. wwsympa use directly sendmail to post messages (passwd reminder, ...).
> This means, if I run wwsympa on an apache in a jail, I need to put sendmial
> into it.
> This is also a bad idea.
>
> It can be corrected 2 ways:
> - You write wwsympa to use a remote smtp, or
> - Who run it in a jail, do some extra mta job: one (in my case)
> sendmail (daemon mode)
> to solve sympa robot, the second for queueing in the jail for
> wwsympa and a third
> outside the jail which queueing out from the splool within the
> jail.
> (It's not to hard to solve this with the sendmail)
>
> with these sympa/wwsympa runs much better and without errors.

WWSympa is already able to make sympa.pl send messages.
I think 'password reminder' is the last message WWSympa sends itself.
We'll change this.

> I hope this workaround will help other peoples running wwsympa in jail.

Thanks for reporting these problems.

--
Olivier Salaün
Comité Réseau des Universités

  • Re: [sympa-users] Error loading scenari, Olivier Salaun, 10/22/2001