devel - Re: [sympa-dev] New feature in Sympa : personalization of dynamic content ?

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Aumont <address@concealed>
  • To: Gildas PERROT <address@concealed>
  • Cc: Sympa-dev <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] New feature in Sympa : personalization of dynamic content ?
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 09:11:46 +0200

Gildas PERROT wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if you expect to allow Sympa to support the possibility
> to send personalized e-mail, messages according to the
> recipient's profile (name, age, etc.).
We used to refuse this direction for Sympa because it needs to brake the bulk
mailer : sending a defferent message to each subscriber in uncompatible with
grouping several receipient in a single smtp session.

But now this need is important for setting a defferent return path in order to
get a better bounce management. This is the only way to detect subscribers
email redirection. So we will introduce a method for personalized headers in
message list distribution. We will do it in a way that allow customisation of
body or footer.

In fact this is allready done for distribution of encrypted messages (S/MIME
encryption isn't it a way of customisation).

We have allready not decided when this will be done. First we want to release
Sympa 3.3 !

Regards
Serge

Serge Aumont Comité Réseaux des Universités
Campus Beaulieu
35042 Rennes Cedex +33 2 998 471 47