devel - Re: [sympa-users] Change reject message?

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Salaun <address@concealed>
  • To: S P Arif Sahari Wibowo <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Change reject message?
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 16:41:37 +0200

S P Arif Sahari Wibowo wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, Olivier Salaun wrote:
>
> >BUT we just extended the 'reject' scenario action,to pass it a template.
>
> Oh, this is what you told me will be in the new alpha version, the
> 'reject' action? Yes, I think that will do the job.
>
> Why some message is in NLS file and other in templates? Why don't just put
> everything in templates? Or maybe even put everything in NLS and make it
> easy to make it easy to change and customize NLS file.

Initially, Sympa only had NLS, later we introduced templates for web needs.
We then turned command results into templates (we hope it is completed soon),
to ease translation and customization.

NLS's advantage is that we can reuse translations in different contexts.

Templates make it possible for sites to customize web/messages ; it is
also more user-friendly to translate.

We still need NLS though at least for :
* edit_list parameter and template title translations
* charset and language names

> >When we have time, we will extend existing 'send' scenarios and
> >distribute a few rejection templates... Contributions will be greatly
> >appreciated.
>
> Scenarii and templates contribution? I guess I can help. :-)

We first need to extend reject() though :

Currently reject() takes a template name as an argument.
Therefore we'll need to have as many templates as reasons
why a message is rejected.
We'd prefer to have a single template and we need another parameter to
reject().
Example :
the scenario :
equal([msg_header->X-Spam],1) smtp,md5,smime ->
reject('msg_rejection', spam)

the msg_rejection.tpl :
Your message has been rejected for the following reason :
[IF spam]
it has been recognised as SPAM
[ELSE]
you are not a subscriber
[ENDIF]

PS: If needed, let's follow this thread in sympa-dec ML

--
Olivier Salaün
Comité Réseau des Universités

  • Re: [sympa-users] Change reject message?, Olivier Salaun, 09/26/2001