devel - [sympa-dev] ldap authentication

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: FALCONNIER Eric <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Cc: <address@concealed>, <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-dev] ldap authentication
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 11:37:51 +0200 (MEST)

Hello,

We are developping a new software developpment platform under GPL
sponsorised by the GET (Telecom Schools Group in France)
(http://picolibre.eu.org) and we have chosen Sympa to manage the mailing
lists. All the users of the platform are stored in a ldap directory with
a POSIX account and we would like to use the password of this account for
the authentication on Sympa.

Now, my questions :

1) When will the authentication with ldap work ? I have read in the
mailing list archive that you are dealing with it.

2) Is it possible to use the encrypted password of the POSIX account in
the users table of sympa database ?

Thanks,
--
Eric Falconnier <address@concealed>